The four-way radio shuttle system is an upgrade of the two-way radio shuttle vehicle technology. It can travel in multiple directions, operate efficiently and flexibly across roadways, and is not limited by space and makes full use of space.
Recently, Nanjing Inform Group, as a partner, optimized the design together with Dowell Science & Technology Co., Ltd., and provided a technical guarantee for the efficient operation of the entire logistics system through the innovative application of the pallet-type four-way shuttle system.
1. Customer introduction
Sichuan Dowell Science & Technology Co., Ltd. was established in November 2003. Its main business is the research and development, production and sales of fine chemicals. The products cover leather chemicals, water-based colorants, industrial coating materials, adhesives, etc. With the production capacity of more than 200 kinds of products, it was listed on the GEM in 2016.
2. Project Overview
The project is located in Xinjin County, Chengdu City. The civil engineering construction started in early 2018, and the warehouse was officially put into use in November 2019. The maximum storage capacity of this intensive storage warehouse reaches more than 7,600 tons, and the planned average daily throughput capacity is 100-120 tons. The number of storage spaces: 7,534 cargo spaces in total, of which barrels, powders, empty pallets, and remaining materials are stored in first level in 1,876cargo spaces, and barrels are stored in 2nd, 3rd and 4thin 5,658 cargo spaces.
The warehouse utilizes the high flexibility of the pallet-type four-way shuttle to make the left and right warehouses communicate with each other. The advanced and modern logistics equipment used in the warehouse area, including 6 sets of four-way radio shuttle systems, 4 sets of vertical lift systems, conveying systems and logistics management systems (WMS), is committed to building the warehouse into a comprehensive smart warehouse that integrates informatization automation and intelligence.
3. Four-way Radio Shuttle System
The four-way radio shuttle is an intelligent device used for palletized cargo handling. It can walk both vertically and horizontally, and can reach any location in the warehouse; the horizontal movement and storage of goods in the rack are completed by only one four-way radio shuttle. By changing the layers of the elevator, the degree of automation of the system is greatly improved. It is a new generation of intelligent handling equipment for pallet-type intensive storage solutions.
Four-way radio shuttle has remarkable features:
1) The four-way radio shuttle has compact structure, small height and size, saving more storage space;
2) Four-way running: Realize one-stop point-to-point transportation, which can reach any cargo space on the plane layer of the warehouse;
3) Smart layer change: With the lifter, the four-way radio shuttle can realize the efficient working mode of automatic and precise layer changing;
4) Intelligent control: It has two working modes of automatic and semi-automatic;
5) High storage space utilization: Compared with the ordinary shuttle racking system, the four-way radio shuttle-type automatic intensive storage system can further improve the utilization rate of storage space, usually by 20% to 30%, which is 2 to 5 times that of the ordinary flat warehouse;
6) Dynamic management of cargo space: As an advanced automatic material handling equipment, the four-way radio shuttle can not only enable the goods to be automatically stored and stored in the warehouse according to the needs, but also can be organically connected with the production links outside the warehouse.
7) Unmanned automatic warehousing mode: It greatly reduces the workload of warehouse staff and provides the possibility for the warehouse to realize unmanned work.
Features of Nanjing Inform Group’s four-way radio shuttle:
○ Independent integrated circuit board technology;
○ Unique communication technology;
○ Four-way driving, working across roadways;
○ Unique design, changing layers;
○ Collaborative operation of multiple vehicles on the same floor;
○ Assist in intelligent scheduling and path planning;
○ Fleet operations are not limited to first-in, first-out (FIFO) or first-in, last-out (FILO) in-out operations.
4. Project Benefits
1). High density, compared with the same common warehouse, the inventory rate increases by 20%~30%;
2). High degree of automation, four-way vehicle + lifter + WCS/WMS management system, docking with the customer’s NCC to realize full automatic in and out of the warehouse;
3). The overall system has a high degree of flexibility, which is reflected in two aspects:
A. The left and right warehouses are connected, and each set of four-way radio shuttle and lifter are mutually replaceable. If a single set of systems fails, the other three systems can be called at any time to achieve normal work in the warehouse;
B. The number of four-way radio shuttles can be increased at any time according to customer efficiency requirements.
Nanjing Inform Group will, as always, be committed to keeping close to the needs of customers, tailor-made logistics integration solutions, and use advanced science and technology to optimize indoor warehousing supply and circulation links, help customers realize the value-added of the entire supply chain, and ultimately serve customers on sustainable development, making logistics and warehousing more intelligent.
NanJing Inform Storage Equipment (Group) Co.,Ltd
Mobile phone: +86 13851666948
Address: No. 470, Yinhua Street, Jiangning District,Nanjing Ctiy,China 211102
Post time: Feb-18-2022